Thursday, January 1, 2015

Betrothal Gift Ceremony 过大礼 (Guo Da Li)

Guo Da Li is usually done 2 weeks before the wedding.

Lucky for us, 1 Jan 2015 is both a public holiday and an auspicious date.

 

My aunties who are staying nearby came over to my place to help out.


We had to stick the "Xi" stickers on everything.



Mum bought food for the guests. 



Here comes Mr Teng and his aunties. (:
I am Hakka, so the following items are prepared accordingly by P's mum.


From the hubby side,


1) Betrothal gift money 聘金
2) Two pairs of Double Happiness candles 龙凤烛
3) Roast Pork (Gift for Mother-In-law)
3) Hard liquor  (Gift for Father-in-Law)
4) Traditional wedding cakes (For bride’s family to distribute to relatives)

5) 1 Gift Box 礼金盒 containing jewelry (For the bride)


 



The rest are some random stuffs that can be replaced by Ang bao in case you couldn't buy 
them.

1) 8-12 Oranges ( Symbolize good luck)
2) 12-16 Apples (Symbolize peace)
3) Dry Seafood 

4) Fa Cai 发菜 ( To strike rich)
5) Dried Longan
早生贵子 (Bless with a dragon boy)
6) Red date
鸿运当头 (To have good fortune)
7) Lily bulbs
百年好合 (A harmonious union

8) Walnut/ Peanut 和和气气 ( To have harmony) 
9) Lotus seeds 连连生子 (To have many children)
10) Dried tangerine
大吉大利 (To have great luck)
11) Dried melon slice 甜甜蜜蜜 ( Sweet life together)







Gifts for my family to return,

1) Gold Ring/ Watch (For the groom)
2) Two bottles of orange juice (For good luck)
3) Portion of the gift received from groom
4) Fatt Koh 发糕 (Symbolize prosperity)
5) Tea set

 
 

And dowry from mummy to me.
A lot of people bought the real thing but I chose to get the miniature cause I love them! 



Too cute(:!


Mummy also bought me gold, and paid for our new bed & wardrobe.

So after eating and photo taking session, we started to pack the return gift.

 
With Mr Teng.♥

My family.



With Mr Teng's aunties.


And finally with all my aunties! Haha yes, My granny have 10 kids.
Therefore I have 7 aunties, 2 uncles.


We had finally come to the end of the ceremony!
It was a good experience. 

No comments: